Travel insurance is an essential protection against costs and expenses of unexpected cancellation, illness and losses. It is a condition of booking that you have adequate travel insurance in place for any of our holidays outside the UK. This cover should include comprehensive medical cover and repatriation. We recommend Holiday Extras Insurance which is underwritten by Allianz Global Assistance. This company is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. For further details and to obtain a quote please call Holiday Extras direct on 0800 093 5478 and quote "Furlongs Travel WZ679", or book online click here.

As an alternative you are welcome to arrange your own insurance so long as it offers adequate cover for the holiday you have chosen.

Prior to the holiday departure please ensure the details of the Holiday Extras insurance or your alternative policy are confirmed to Furlongs Travel. The details we need are the certificate number and 24-hour medical help-line telephone number. These details may enable us to help you while on holiday.

Please note, if you are travelling in Europe, the European Health Insurance Card - EHIC - will allow access to the same state-provided healthcare as a resident of the EU country you are temporarily visiting. However it is not an alternative to travel insurance. The EHIC will not cover any private medical healthcare or the cost of things such as repatriation to the UK or lost or stolen property. It is also important to note that each country’s healthcare system is slightly different, so the EHIC might not cover everything that would be generally free on the NHS. It is therefore important to have both an EHIC card and private travel insurance when travelling overseas.